Liftings are places where the material (e.g. the gel model) detaches (lifts) from the natural nail. Liftings must always be removed as quickly and completely as possible to avoid diseases caused by moisture and bacteria.
In order for your nail polish gel to be perfect, you have to pay attention to a few things so that no lifting occurs and, as a result, your nail design is impaired in the hold.
How to go about lifting:
- Degreasing the natural nail: One reason for liftings is insufficient degreasing of the natural nail. Degreasing is carried out with a nail degreaser and is, therefore, one of the most important basics for getting enough hold in the modeling and thus avoiding problems.
- Matting the nail surface: Another source of error arises if you do not matt your nail surface completely and properly with the help of a buffer before modeling the nails and thus preparing it for the nail design. Lifting occurs particularly when small areas are overlooked along the cuticle, especially the nail fold.
- The horny plate of the nail: Please always ensure that you do not remove too much of the horny plate of the natural nail when filing the natural nail during preparation for modeling. This results in a nail that is too thin, on which the material used no longer has any hold, and begins to form liftings.
- Smoking and lotion: Smoking during the modeling can be a reason for the nail modeling to lift in some places because nicotine is a frequent cause of adhesion problems.
- Pushing back the cuticles: It is particularly important to remove the invisible cuticles from the nail plate with a pro pusher or hoof stick at the edges of the nails, otherwise, the subsequent layers of gel cannot adhere and adhesion problems arise, which lead to loosening of the material of your nail modeling.