If you’ve ever worn a gel nail polish – or just heard of one, you probably know how it’s different from regular nail polishes that we use on our nails. They are much more glossy and shinier than their regular counterparts. One thing we like about gel nail polish is the fact that it can last for over a month without chipping. That said, there are other things about gel nail polishes that we simply love, and here they are:
- Your polish won’t smudge! The gel sealant means that your nails are dry the second you walk out of the salon, and they won’t chip for at least a week.
- It looks amazing. Gel nail polish comes in tons of gorgeous colors, so it’s easy to find a shade that suits your skin tone and personality.
- It lasts longer than regular nail polish. Some salons charge more for gel manicures because they are more durable than traditional manicures, lasting up to three weeks without chipping or peeling!
- You can do it at home. If you have the right supplies (and a steady hand), gel nail polish is actually really easy to apply at home. Not only does this save money, but it also saves time (no waiting for your nails to dry!). Just be sure to buy a UV lamp—the light from normal lamps isn’t strong enough to set the gel base properly!
- It’s healthier for your nails than regular nail polish. Unlike traditional nail polish, gel sealants don’t contain any harsh chemicals or toxic ingredients like formaldehyde, so they don’t damage your nails like regular polish can over time.
- It’s easier to remove than traditional nail polish!